Are you one of those who don’t want to share a background in your Zoom video meetings? Well, you can blur it! This article will show you how to blur background in Zoom call.
Zoom allows you to set a custom blur background for your video calls. Not only does this give you a new look while you’re in a meeting, but it also gives you a sense of seclusion from the environment around you.
The remote collaboration tool now provides a backdrop blur option in addition to the ability to modify the background picture. However, can you utilize Zoom’s background blur that is a built-in option available if you are using an updated version of it?
Related: How to Fix ZOOM Video Not Working?
That is the focus of today’s post, we will ensure that you know how to blur the background in Zoom video call. Before that, let’s check if your Zoom app is updated to the newer version to ensure you can use a blurred background.
How to Make Sure your Zoom App is Updated to the Newer Version?
As we mentioned above, you can use the in-built Zoom background blur feature only when the app is updated to the latest version. To check this, find out the steps below and see if you are using the latest Zoom app.
- Before you begin, check to see if your Windows or Mac computer’s Zoom desktop client has been updated. On your Zoom desktop client, click on profile photo in the upper right corner.
- As a result, a drop-down menu will appear, select Check for Updates option.
- After a while, if you haven’t updated the Zoom desktop client, you’ll get an alert. Click on the Update button at the bottom if your Zoom app is not up-to-date. Wait for an update to download and then click on the Install button to apply it.
- Wait for Zoom’s new Blur function to be enabled after the update has been deployed. You are up to date is the message you’ll see after the update is complete. Click on Done to proceed.
This way you can update your Zoom desktop client if you haven’t done it already.
Now, The Zoom Video Call Background Can Be Blurred
When they wished to hide what was behind them, users had been using Zoom’s virtual background feature till now. The lack of a green screen or regular illumination made virtual backdrops unappealing to some people.
On February 1, 2021, Zoom finally included the Blur background function, even if it was a little late to the party. For a distraction-free conference call, you may use the new function to instantly block out everything behind you but yourself.
Before or during a video conference, you may blur the backdrop of your Zoom video on your computer. But first, if you haven’t done so before, please download and install the most recent version of Zoom. For that, you can check our previous section.
We have listed down procedures for blurring Zoom background before the meeting, while you are in a meeting on your desktop and mobile phones. So, let’s not wait for more and see the methods to blur Zoom background that too with ease.
How to Blur Background in Zoom Call Before Meeting?
Now, you know what are the requirements to use the Zoom blue feature. It is time to implement it. Let’s see how to blur the background in Zoom call before the meeting. Take a look at the steps below:
- On your computer, launch the Zoom desktop client. At the upper right of the screen, click on your profile picture.
- A drop-down menu will appear, click on Settings button.
- On the left-hand pane, click on the Background & Filters option. While on the right-hand side, click on Blur tile under Virtual Backgrounds tab.
Choosing this option, Zoom blurs your backdrop, and you’ll see that effect in the preview box right away. And that’s how to blur the background in Zoom call before the meeting.
You may now attend a meeting with a blurred background by closing Settings.
How to Blur Zoom background While In a Meeting?
Forgot to blur Zoom’s background before a meeting? Want to do blur the background amid the Zoom meeting? If yes, follow the instructions as stated below to blur the background in a Zoom call:
- While you are in the Zoom meeting, hover on your screen to reveal settings on the bottom of the screen. Click on Start Video button, a new menu will appear.
- Click on Choose Virtual Background button after that.
- You will be directed to Background & Filters screen. Click on Blur option under Virtual Backgrounds tab as you did on Step no.3 on above method.
In the meeting, a backdrop blur effect will be added to your video. Changing the backdrop picture or video in Zoom’s ‘Background & Filters’ option will let you restore the original video if you prefer it without the blur.
And that is what you do to blur the background while in Zoom Meeting. Ain’t that easy?
How To Blur Background in Zoom Call on an iPhone or Android Device?
You may now use the background blur function on mobile devices by following these instructions:
- Open Zoom on your mobile device, whether it’s an Android or an iOS one.
- Join an existing meeting or start a new one by making sure your video is turned on.
- Once the meeting has begun, simply tap anywhere on the screen to reveal the controls.
- Tap on More (three horizontal dots) on the lower right corner of the Zoom Meeting’s screen.
- A new menu will appear once your click on More button, tap on Virtual Background (Android) or Background and Filters (iOS) option as per your OS.
- Now, you need to tap on Blur option. The background will be blurred behind you.
That’s it, this will help you on how to blur Zoom background on iPhone or Android.
Why some parts of my face is blurred?
A lack of sharpness in your camera may be the source of your fuzziness. Consider purchasing an auto-focusing camera to prevent this issue. Video webcams conferencing are an excellent investment, especially if you use them regularly. It’s also possible to use the lens focus ring to manually refocus your camera.
Additionally, you should use isopropyl alcohol to gently wipe the lens of your camera after soaking a silk or microfiber cloth in the liquid.
What is the best resolution for blurring my zoomed-in background?
All of your surroundings are blurred except for your face while you’re using Zoom’s backdrop blur function. As a rule of thumb, Zoom suggests a picture resolution of at least 1280 by 720 pixels.
Blur your Zoom Background!
How to blur the background in Zoom meetings, whether you’re entering one already in progress or joining one, later on, is covered here. We hope our guide is useful and easy to follow and you already have started blurring the background in Zoom calls?
Let me know what you think about it in the comments section below. Keep checking back for more useful tips. If you are facing any problem, do let us know and we will try to resolve it as soon as possible.
Till then, maintain your privacy by implementing how to blur the background in the Zoom call guide that we mentioned above.