When you have purchased your PC, you would have got Windows OS loaded with some default apps and settings. These settings are provided for your convenience, but there may be some cases when you find them interrupting. So, here is simple useful guide on how to change Default Apps in Windows 10.
Default apps and settings are provided to make your work easier specially when you open a program or file you would not have to select the appropriate app for it. But, you may want to keep these settings as per your preference which you can do by changing the settings.
How to Change Default Apps in Windows 10
Often when playing a media or opening any picture you have to right click to choose your preferred program to open it. Now, with the given below steps you would be able to change the default apps in windows 10.
- First, you would be required to open the settings Window.
- Now click on Apps.
- Here you would need to click on Default apps option which you will get in the left panel.
- A list of default apps would appear on this window.
- Now to change a particular app, click on that app. It will also show you the list of apps that can take its place.
- Choose the one you want to set as default. If you don’t find your preferred app in the list you can get that from the Microsoft Store.
- To change more defaults you can scroll down and there will be an option ‘choose default apps by file type, by protocol’ and ‘set defaults by app’. You can change these if your file types are messing up on your PC or if you want an app that can support all file types.
How to Change Default Browser in Windows 10
Your windows 10 might have issue in remembering your default browser once you changed it. If this is the problem with your PC, you can simply fix it using the given step:
- First uninstall the browser and reinstall it.
- Go to the default apps page in settings.
- Click on Set defaults by app section.
- Look for your preferred browser in the list and click manage.
- Here check that all files should be there for your browser.
How to Change AutoPlay Setting in Windows 10
Do you want to change the autoplay options of your Windows 10 PC? Want to set your preferred action for removable media? Then follow these steps and you would be able to Change autoplay options in your windows 10 PC:
- Go to the settings of your PC and click on Devices.
- Now, click AutoPlay which you will find on the left side.
- You will get options for memory card or the devices you have connected with your PC.
- Click on the drop down of each option and choose the default action you prefer.
How to Change Keyboard Settings in Windows 10
If you want to set your preferred settings for the keyboard. Here are the steps to do that:
- Go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &Language.
- Here make sure that the correct country or region is set in this setting.
- On the page, you will get an option ‘add a language’ at the bottom. To add a new language you can click on it.
- Even with the already listed language you can click on options and click on Add a Keyboard to add other language or layout.
- You can swap keyboards using the shortcut ‘Win+Space’.
These were some settings you can make to change default apps on windows 10. With these, you can make your PC experience more comfortable. Make all your preferred changes now and enjoy it.
- How to Uninstall Edge Browser on Windows 10
- How to Delete Temp Files in Windows 10
- How to Speed Up Windows 10
- Fix Fortnite Chat Not Working