Fix Chromecast Not Working: There is no denying the fact that when it comes to streaming videos and audios on your TV wirelessly, then the Chromecast is one the best devices that you can come across. For those of you who don’t already know, Chromecast is a device which lets you wirelessly stream music, images, and video to the television with your Smartphone. Pretty cool, No? People from all around the world use this amazing device in order to enjoy watching their favourite content on a bigger screen.
Now, there are times when things do not go too well with Chromecast devices. For instance, you might be facing issues like unable to connect to Chromecast or maybe some chromecast error. Whatever the case might be, the thing is that the Chromecast is not working out for you and you want to fix the same. Today, in this post, we would be covering on how to fix Chromecast not working issue.
How to Fix Chromecast Not Working
Here are some of the methods which you can use in order to Fix Chromecast not working. Do note that if the first method does not work for you, then you should try the next one. You never know, it might work for you. With that being said, let us now take a look at methods to Fix Chromecast Not Working.
Method 1: Factory Reset your Chromecast
In this method, we would be resetting our Chromecast to the factory defaults. Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to reset your Chromecast:
- First of all, you need to connect your Chromecast to your TV if you haven’t already.
- Now, find the button to the side of the Chromecast device and hold it for a few seconds until the television screen goes blank.
- Once the TV screen goes blank, leave the button and wait till the Chromecast gets reset.
- Now, you should see a setup of Chromecast which means that the reset was successful.
- Just complete the setup process and you should be good to go.
Did that work? No? Well, don’t worry, you can try our next method to see if that works for you.
Method 2: Try using the Extender
If you are facing the connectivity issues like unable to detect Chromecast, then you should try this method to fix the issue:
- Just in case, if you have an older version of Chromecast, then the chances are that your device should have come with an HDMI Cable. If not, then we will highly recommend you get one or maybe try asking your mates if they have one to give.
- Use the HDMI cable to extend the connecter of your Chromecast device.
- Connect the HDMI Cable and Chromecast to your TV.
- That’s it! See if this method helped you fix Chromecast not working.
In case if you are interested to know how that can help. Then, let us tell you that since the televisions these days are huge and have connection ports to the back. There can be chances that the signals to the Chromecast are being interrupted by the obstructions. Anyways, let us now take a look at our third method on the list.
Method 3: Update to the Latest Firmware
Chromecast and almost every other electronic device do have a firmware. There are times when there are a few bugs in firmware, that’s the reason why updating to the latest firmware is always recommended. Anyways, here are the steps which you need to follow in order to update your Chromecast to the latest firmware:
- First of all, you need to connect your Chromecast device to your TV if you haven’t already.
- Now, go to the Chromecast Settings.
- Here, select the About option from the list.
- Now, you should see a Check for updates option. Select the same and update your device to the latest firmware.
- Wait for the update process to get completed.
- Once done, check if the error still persists or not.
In case the issue with the Chromecast Not Working still persists, you can take a look at our next method.
Method 4: Fix Chromecast Goes Black or Switching Off
Just in case if you are facing an issue where your Chromecast goes Black or switching off, then the chances are that there is a need to change the power supply. As you might already know, the Chromecast needs a power supply in order to work. And we cannot deny the fact that not all television manufacturers optimize their TV for such devices. So there can be a chance that the USB or HDMI port on your TV is not enough for the Chromecast.
Now, how to fix this? Well, pretty simple, the first thing you wanna try is to plug in any other USB Drive into the port and see if that works fine. If it doesn’t then the chances are that the port needs repair. If it does, then you can try plugging your Chromecast device into a proper outlet.
So that’s it guys, this was our take on how to fix Chromecast not working. We hope that you found this post useful and it was able to solve your issue with the Chromecast. Just in case if you are stuck between some steps or had any queries related to Chromecast, then feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.