Fix Bluetooth is Not Working: With the development in technologies, everything we do now is advanced. Not only that we are trying to get more into technologies quite often. Well the ways of sharing files have got a new way now. We are pretty much free from all the tangled wires and things like that as we have now got Bluetooth.
Yes we can share files in computers with the help of Bluetooth now. Nevertheless you should always know how to troubleshoot simple errors often given by our systems.This is because of the fact that there are some of the times when Windows 10 refuses to accept files from a Bluetooth device. Or it cannot detect a device. What can be done in situations like this? Well here we will discuss the methods of fixing Bluetooth is Not Working issue in Windows 10.
How to Fix Bluetooth is Not Working in Windows
Method 1: Restart your system
This has been a solution to every single problem in Windows. At least this is what we think. So why not give this a try. And it is a sheer truth that this works fine in most of the cases. If this does not work, well there is also a detailed troubleshooting process to fix this problem.
All you need to do is to follow the steps one by one.
Method 2: Try Restarting the Bluetooth
Just like giving a shot at restarting your PC, you can well try to restart your Bluetooth too. This is say, just turn off your Bluetooth in your PC and then try turning it on. If this fixes your problem you are pretty good to go. If not, then do not worry. Here are the further steps you need to tag along.
Checkout: How to Fix WiFi Keeps Disconnecting
Method 3: Remove all devices which are already paired
Sometimes it is seen that this problem arises with any picky device. In that case you need to clear all your paired devices. To do that all you need to do is follow some simple steps.
1. Go to your Settings tab in your computer or laptop and then hit Devices tab. You can well use a Windows shortcut for the same and that would be Windows + I (for opening Settings).
2. Now go to the Bluetooth and other devices in the Devices tab and select the device which is creating the issues. Hit on that, and you will find a Remove Option there. Click on that to remove that particular device.
3. Now all you have to do is repair that particular device again.
In most of the cases this 2 steps works perfectly. However, if you are still getting problems or your system is showing cannot connect to this Bluetooth device, then here is an advice that will solve this issue.
In most of the cases, numerous listed devices are not a problem. However it might cause problem to a particular Bluetooth device. Thus removing all the paired device is a good idea. Thus remove all the devices with the above steps and trying connecting the device you want to work with.
If these simple steps do not work, then you might need to get a bit technical to solve the issues. However, you can well find the solution to this problem with these simple steps below.
Also Read: Fix Microphone Not Working in Windows 10
Method 4: Get the latest updates for your Drivers
If the above steps do not solve the issue, then it must be your Bluetooth driver which is causing the problem. In most of the cases, an outdated driver is what creates the trouble. Thus you need to update your driver. And for that this is what you have to do.
1. Right click on the Start Menu in your PC and click on Device Manager. You can well use the shortcut Win + X and then click on Device Manager.
2. Now click on the small arrow just beside Bluetooth and tap adapter in there. In will open another small window where you can see the option to Update driver. Click on update driver.
3. Just after you click the update driver option, another window will appear. Tap on Search automatically option and install the new driver as instructed.
4. After you are done installing the latest driver, restart your PC and try connecting the Bluetooth device. In most of the cases, this works perfectly. If updating the new driver does not help you can well try the next step.
Method 5: Reinstall the Bluetooth Driver
1. For reinstalling your driver you need to uninstall your drivers first. To do the same you need try out the first and the second step of the last solution. And as an alternative you need to click on uninstall driver in place of update driver.
2. After you are done with uninstalling your Bluetooth driver, restart your PC and try to connect your system with a Bluetooth device. This will help you to install your driver back. Install your driver as instructed and again restart your PC. You are now good to go.
The above methods mostly work on all the cases. However if you have hardware issues you might still get the “Bluetooth is not working” issues in your system. To know that whether your system is encountering a hardware problem or not, you can well run the Windows troubleshooting options. Many infuriating issues are solved with this basic tool. If you have any hardware issues, you will get to know by this troubleshooting.
If not then all you need to do is try updating your Windows.
From the Settings tab, click on Windows Update and check for any available updates. If there is one, do update as these updates may cause problems in your Bluetooth connectivity.
Well the above are some of the best proven ways to fix bluetooth is not working in Windows 10; working fine in most of the cases. So, next time if you face any of these problems, try these steps out so that you can enjoy using the Windows Bluetooth option in a hassle free manner.
- Fix Microsoft Word has Stopped Working
- How to Fix DPC Watchdog Violation Error
- Fix Ethernet Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration
- How to Fix Fortnite Chat Not Working