Looking for a method to record your screen on Windows 10? You have landed in the right place. An entrepreneur or a marketer, whoever you are, you might need to record your Windows 10 screen regularly. But the question arises how to do that? Here we will help you and guide you on how to record your screen on Windows 10. There are different methods with which you can record your PC screen in windows 10. Now, Let’s get started.
How to Record Screen in Windows 10
Method 1: Windows 10 Game Bar
Probably, You might be unaware of the fact that your Windows 10 has an inbuilt option of the recording screen. This screen recorder is meant for recording games. But you can use it for recording your screen whenever wants to record any video for your channel etc. To start your recording you would need to follow these steps.
- Go to the search option of your Windows 10 PC. On the search bar, you will need to type ‘XBOX’ in the box given. After typing click on the enter and search for the app, or you may directly go the menu and look for Xbox app.
- It will open the Xbox app in your PC.
- Now, you would need to open the game bar, with which you would be able to record screen. To open, press the ‘Windows’ key and ‘G’ key together on your keyboard.
- If for any reason your game bar doesn’t loads, you can open it by clicking on Start > Settings > Gaming > game bar. Here make sure that the toggle option of the game bar is on.
- On the game bar, you would have to turn in the toggle option “record game clips, screenshots and broadcast using game bar”.
- On the same page, check the shortcut of “start/stop recording” which you will get under keyboard shortcuts head. This shortcut would be needed to start or stop the recording of your screen. By default this shortcut would be “Win+Alt+R”, but if you want, you can change the same into your preferred one.
- Now go to the navigation menu you would get in the left and switch to the game DVR page. Here you can set the specific recording settings. Background recording is useful only when recording games.
- On scrolling the page, you would get the settings of audio and video of the recording. There is a toggle option for audio “record audio when I record a game”, this option when will be turned off will disable audio recording. On the turning it on, you can use “turn on the mic by default when I record” button which will let you control microphone recording.
- With the help of two volume sliders, you can adjust the microphone volume.
- Now to record your screen, click on the record button or you may use the shortcut “Win+Alt+R” to start recording the screen.
- To stop the recording you can click on the stop button. The recorded screen video will get saved in your “Videos/Capture” folder automatically.
Also Read: How to Fix WiFi Keeps Disconnecting
Method 2: Using OBS Broadcaster
The first method of recording screen through windows built-in game bar is a useful method, but when you need more controls for your recording you can follow this method of recording screen with OBS broadcaster. Here is how you can record your screen using OBS.
- You would first need to download the software in your PC.
- Once downloaded, open it and run the setup file. Here you would be asked to follow some instructions. Follow them and install the software.
- Once installed you would need to open it and click on the right side option “settings”.
- Here click on the audio tab. Here you can select the audio device from the drop-down option “Desktop audio device”.
- Select the microphone from drop down “Mic/Auxiliary device”.
- After this click on the “Apply” and then press on “OK”.
- Now you would need to enter the source to tell the OBS software what to record. To do this go to the main dashboard of OBS and click on the “+” sign and then select “display capture”. Once done click on “OK”. If you want to record a single window instead of recording full screen you can select window capture.
- You can set audio settings from the box given on the right side of the sources box.
- To start recording you can now click on the “start recording” button provided in the right. Once finished recording, you can stop it using the same option.
Recommended: How to Fix Blue Screen Error
Method 3: Using Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder
Another method you can try to record screen is using Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder. This is a free screen recorder which you can get online. Using this method you would not need to install any software on your computer. This is a browser-based recorder. This will allow you to record directly through the browser. All you would need to start recording is to visit the site of this software and click on “start recording”.
You will be asked to download a small launcher application after which you will get the recording bar on the screen. A desktop version is also available of this software. If you opt to download the desktop version you would be able to download the trial version only as this is a premium software. The only disadvantage of using this software is that you will get a watermark on your recorded screen videos. This method is an ideal method if you want to record tutorials or presentations.
These were the methods to record screen in windows 10. Follow these and start recording videos for your work. Hope you find them helpful.
- How to Change Default Apps in Windows 10
- Uninstall Edge Browser in Windows 10
- How to Delete Temp Files in Windows